Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Lil Brother

....Little Brother

Just a random post,saw this pictures and I thought of posting it.Do you have a little brother which is about 7 years younger than you?hmm..let's see.I have 3brothers and I'm the only sister.2older brother and a little brother.Having a little brother isn't that easy.As a sister,its really hard to be one too.I often ask myself why God gave me a little brother.Why can't I be the youngest and the only sister in my family.

We took this picture together when he's still a baby and when I was 7 years old.To those who don't have a younger brother or a younger sister, you must be thinking how lucky am I to have a little brother right?Well,I wouldn't say I 'm not but I'm not that lucky either.It's a different story until you have a brother like mine.Funny thing was I'm facing the exact same problem that my best friend,Yvonne is and maybe some other people.But I guess now the only person who know how I feel is her.

I had a baby brother when I was reaching 7 years old.By then I was hoping to have a little sister but turns out I had a brother instead.I should be happy about it but to tell the truth I'm not.At that age,suddenly pop out a little brother?It got to be kidding me.Mum said it was an accident,so all I can do is just accept the fact.I was just a little girl,naive,immature,young and needs attention at that age.Here came a baby boy,my life changed.I never had a good childhood moments,all I had was just taking care of my lil brother everyday.I love to dance when I was young,I even went to Ballet lessons.But because my mum had to take care of my lil bro,no time for me,I was forced to stop my favorite activity.I had to follow my brothers to learn swimming and badminton instead.My parents always thought that we love swimming and badminton but actually to me,I don't really like badminton.When my lil bro started to know how to walk and talk,all the focus were all on him.They stop all our swimming and badminton lessons,although both my elder brothers were the state swimmer and badminton player and thats when I finally got 1st place for MSSS.What a waste?For the future of my lil bro,I don't think so I guess.Yesterday,my dad just found out that we won that many medals before and he asked me when did it happen.Can you believe,they don't really know that until now.I have no comment on that,maybe they just forgot about it.Oh,we learn piano instead cause it was the nearest place to our house for us to learn something,according to my mum, she can manage to put on hold my lil bro and just take a few minutes to drop us there.I do understand it was hard for them,but sometimes is just too much for us.

When Andrew was born,I'm not a princess in the house anymore.In fact,I grew up without extra care from my parents cause their extra care was on my brother when I was young?Independent is how I grew up to be Me now. My mum always said that I'm a independent girl,I guess I am.I remember I had a big fight with my eldest brother,Jian before.It is because I scolded Andrew when he was turning to 6 years old cause Andrew was naughty so I kind of scolded him and Jian got angry about it.He said he was still young,I didn't agree and I fight back.So turn out to be a big fight,but it settled after that.Jian always protect Andrew and my 2nd brother Keat will always protect me.And again when we were young,the bro relationship between Jian and Keat weren't that good or close.So when there's a big fight we always have our supporters.Haha.

Sometimes when Andrew did something wrong,I will just lecture him.But when I do that,Jian and my dad will scold me.They thought that I was jealous of him,but honestly I'm not.They wouldn't understand why.I also lazy to explain to them.They are always so busy,dad always at work and Jian's in Australia.They wouldn't know what he did and how he act lately.There's no one else beside my mum can teach him already.He's growing up and he needs to learn.All they did was just to manjakan him.Buy him this toy buy him that.I know he's a child but it will just spoil him.Jian always buy toys for Andrew.That's why Andrew love him so much.All I did was for his own good and I hope he knows that as well as my dad n Jian.But I guess what I did was just useless.One day,Aunty Stella asked Andrew a few simple questions.

A.S :" Andrew,who you love the most in the family?"
Andrew : " 1st is Jian gorgor then my mummy then my daddy."
A.S:"How about your JieJie and Keat gorgor?"
Andrew : "I don't love my JieJie,Keat gorgor a little bit la."
A.S:" Why?"
Andrew :" Cause my jiejie always scold me one,keat gorgor also didn't buy me toys.Jian gorgor
always buy me things one."

He said that in front of me.I was so hurt,I realize what I did was useless.Many times I asked God,why on earth he's doing in my life.I blame all on to him.Last time I was naive la..haha..

Me,16 and Andrew,9
Seven years apart!

N now that I'm 16 already,I finally know that it was God's plan.Its a task for me from Him.So now,as I'm growing up,I always think about it.I just have to wait and do what a sister suppose to do.Its a responsibility that we are learning.I hope 5 years later or maybe when Andrew turn into a real man,he will thank me as his sister. (^^,) I will not give up so easily on this task,I must try my best,although its tough but its my responsibility to do so.Well,to those who facing the same issue that I am,try to remember my story.It might not be sweet to go through a difficult task now,but at least it will be sweeter after it overs.I'm getting the feeling,so be happy and go lucky.No one's perfect,remember that!


Thanks for reading,
love you all,
JinYin



No comments: